After the initial tender to gather requirements, PSP held on-site workshops. These were to ensure PSP had a full understanding of how the current system worked, company processes and identify new functionality required. PSP were then able to create a detailed functional specification containing all the requirements to be added into VISION CRM.
During the specification stage, PSP used relationship diagrams from the existing Microsoft Access Database to understand the links between tables, which enabled PSP to streamline the relationship and data links when developing in VISION; resulting in improving on the performance and speed in which data is returned.
This version of VISION CRM & MIS is made up of seven modules:
- Company and Contact Management
- Central Processing
- Event Management
Each module was fully documented in the functional specification for both developers and testers. The central processing and event management modules were created as part of this development for our client to meet their needs. The other modules are from the standard version of VISION.
PSP developed a set of API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) to allow the website to access and update data in real time. The following APIs were developed using the .Net framework:
- Membership Registration– allow application forms to be completed on the website and information passed to VISION
- Account Management– allows members to login and update certain profile information, which is pulled from VISION and updated in real time
- Member Directory– retrieves a set of member information to populate a specific page on the website
- Event Bookings– retrieves available events and event information to allow publishing on the website, and bookings to be taken through the website are fed into VISION
- Membership Renewals– provides member status, renewal dates and transactions to be displayed for members
Our processes included identifying table formats, documenting table relationships and field mapping to ensure data was successfully migrated to the correct fields. We identified and wrote all import migration scripts, carried out multiple data extraction and importation tests to identify data gaps, and re-adjusted scripts where required.
As well as the above, PSP also carried manual data entry for any data which could not be moved automatically. Finally all data migration went through thorough validation checks. On the go live day, the migration of all company data from old to new took no longer than 3 hours, as six years’ worth of data was transferred.
Reporting and Dashboard
All existing reports in the Microsoft Access Database were replicated in VISION to ensure access to key information was available such as member subscriptions, invoice analysis, members by status and subscriptions labels and many more.
Visit our VISION site for more information.