In SharePoint 2013 there is a Survey App out of the box, but this is not always available without activating a feature. To activate the Survey app you need to follow the following steps:
- Open SharePoint site you wish to add a Survey App to.
- Select Site Actions (The cog in top right hand corner).
- Select Site Settings from the context menu.
- Select “Manage Site Features” from Site Actions.
- Find the “Team Collaboration List” feature and Activate.
This will also enable an number of other apps as follows:
- Promoted Links
- Discussions Board
- Issue Tracking